Friday, September 30, 2016

Collectible cookie jars as a home based business

I doubt there are any kids out there in this world, who do no like eating cookies. Dunking cookies in milk is synonymous with snacking and children. During my childhood, some fifty or so years ago, cookies meant the heavenly things that grandma used to bake every afternoon. Today, when time is of paramount importance, cookies are usually found in grocery stores, ready to eat. Collectible Cookie Jars Today During my days, cookies were baked and if any were left (which was extremely rare) were stored in beautiful large, transparent, glass cookie jars. After my grandmother’s demise, the cookie jars almost disappeared from our kitchen shelves. What replaced them were ready-made cookie jars of all shapes and sizes. One day, when my mother was doing her spring-cleaning of the kitchen, we put together some 50-cookie jars of all shapes and sizes, which had been collected inadvertently over the last several years. The pile of these jars was meant to be sent for recycling; instead, they became my collection of collectible cookie jars. Instantly I had a ready-made collection of 50 plus collectible cookie jars which made me feel very happy. After this incident, wherever I would see a cookie jar, I would ask for it to be part of my collection. Very soon, my friends and relatives were contributing on an average of two to five cookie jars per month. In this way, my collection overgrew the space I had for it in my room, and my dad offered to make a display case for my collectible cookie jars in the garage, to which I happily agreed. By the end of the year, the display case was holding 387 collectible cookie jars of all shapes, sizes and material. I had plastic, metal, tin, wood, cardboard and paper cookie jars – and the display was awesome. My fame spread through my school and the neighborhood and soon enough I had people coming to see my collection and admire it. One day, a friend of mine wanted a gift box for a birthday party – she thought that one of my collectible cookie jars would make a wonderful packing for her gift. She paid me $3 for a round, lovely metal box. In no time, I had people buying jars from me for all occasions. In this manner, I was making an average of $100 per week with the sale of my cookie jars, which gave me an idea – why not start a small gift box unit and make custom-made gift boxes? With a little help and investment, I put together a tiny unit for this purpose and in six months, I was earning real money. This is how my hobby turned into a money-spinner. Isn’t it great how things work out?


No comments:

Post a Comment